NSSTA MEMBER FORUM
August 21, 2017
On Monday, August 21, the NSSTA Board of Directors will host a NSSTA Member Forum in Chicago, Illinois. The idea is to “take NSSTA to our Members” to discuss critical issues, listen to comments and suggestions from our members and develop action plans to respond to challenges and business development opportunities.
Click Here to RSVP for the NSSTA Member Forum - Chicago!
NSSTA Member Forum in Chicago, Illinois:
- Date: Monday, August 21, 2017
- Time: 12 Noon – 2 PM (Lunch will be provided)
- Location: Hotel Chicago - 333 North Dearborn St., Chicago, IL
Agenda for the NSSTA Member Forum:
- Federal Tax Reform is coming--the U.S. Congress is expected to engage in a massive overhaul of the Federal Tax Code and Section 130, and by extension 104(a)(2), will be on the table. How can the structured settlements industry come together to highlight and protect the important benefits of the structured settlement tax code sections?
- The Congressional Structured Settlements Caucus includes 60 Members of Congress. What issues or initiatives would you suggest the Caucus focus on during the 115th Congress? What can we do to encourage more Members of Congress to join the Caucus?
- NSSTA has established professional alliances with organizations like the American Association of People with Disabilities, the National Consumers League, the American Association for Justice and the American Insurance Association to name a few. What should NSSTA be doing to build relationships with plaintiff and defense attorneys, mediators, health care professionals and claims professionals?
- What are your ideas and suggestions to help “grow” the structured settlements industry? Expand the use of structures under Federal programs, expand the definition of 104(a)(2), structures to settle Federal workers comp cases?
- NSSTA has been engaged with a number of initiatives over the past several years—Take the Hill, social media, CLM surveys, marketing campaigns, Structures 202, legislative issues (protecting Section 130/104(a)(2). What has NSSTA done that has been most helpful to you and your company’s success and what could NSSTA do enhance your success?